Job Title: Reliability Technologist
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: Maintenance Supervisors, Technicians, Operators, Project Engineers
Key External Partners: Contractors, Suppliers, Central Engineering, other plant counterparts
Project Management: Yes
The Reliability Technologist is responsible for improving operational performance (OEE) thru improved technical performance of the plant equipment. This role has specific responsibilities related to Preventative Maintenance programs and maintenance training programs.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Partner with the Technical Services Team and Maintenance Supervisors to prescribe, plan and ensure effectiveness of preventive and predictive maintenance processes for the facility. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Create and updates the maintenance plans (equipment, FMEA , spare parts, technical documentation)
- Establish and own the adjustment sequences of equipment.
- Own the red point process
- Help to define the indicators of maintenance communication board
- Participate in the development of the maintenance budget as necessary
- Suggest solutions for the elimination of obsolete equipment
- Collaborate with the Parts Room Specialist, Maintenance Supervisors, and Technical Services Department to standardize and optimize the parts room inventory levels while meeting MTBF and cost requirements.
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisors in maintaining effective organization of the maintenance workshop, including organization, 5”S” adherence, etc.
- Provide technical expertise to the plant maintenance team in troubleshooting activities.
- Develop, maintain and implement maintenance training programs.
- Facilitate maintenance training and technician qualification/validation in partnership with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assume ownership for maintaining and improving the CMMS software system (CORIM), including maintenance task management practices, technical profile management, etc.
- Design or edit the equipment tree as needed to support proper information input/output
- Train others how to use the CMMS and the desktop tools for monitoring malfunctions
- Create, implement, and audit maintenance indicators and inform of any deviation
- Participate in the development of maintenance budget (for major planned maintenance)
- Suggest and implement the structure changes of CMMS to be more efficient
- Participate in the review and validation of engineering proposals to ensure maintainability of equipment. Manage and lead small engineering projects as required.
- Participate in the analysis and the development of the project.
- Write the functional FMEA and it validate it.
- Look and define with suppliers any technical solutions and validate their feasibility.
- Consults and participates in the selection of suppliers.
- Follow the technical side qualifications as needed and complete new PM tasks and PM plans.
- Organize the appropriate technical files for projects as they are completed
- Ensure the transfer to production and maintenance (qualification, documentation, and follow-through)
- Ensure the technical reliability of lines and help to improve their level of OEE and quality performance mainly through facilitating the meetings and follow-ups of the OEE Group.
- Lead the OEE groups for each workshop.
- Help to prioritize actions from the daily results in the TSR meetings with the Methods Technicians.
- Participate in any progress plans with the suppliers.
- Take into account the requirements of industrial and food safety in the interventions, procedures, of preventive and predictive maintenance ranges.
- Mentor and provide support/ training/ guidance to others within the plant in areas related to troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis, continuous improvement, industrial safety and food safety.
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
Plant OEE, Maintenance Breakdowns, PM Efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Reliability or as a Maintenance leader in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in food manufacturing with knowledge of packaging processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience applying lean manufacturing and six sigma principles. Six Sigma certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing 6“S” standards and other Lean practices, including Visual Performance Management.
- Must have strong skills in electrical, mechanical and controls
- Must have basic PLC programming skills.
- Must have strong skills in Excel, CMMS systems and data modeling.
- Must have the ability to lead thru influence, work cross-functionally, and provide guidance, feedback and coaching to plant employees
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Be a champion for safety, quality and GMP standards, as needed
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to access all areas of the manufacturing facility including use of stairs, ladders, and the occasional powered lift.
- Must be able to wear PPE and GMP attire.
- Must be able to access tight areas and make adjustments to equipment with their hands.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.