Job Title: IT Service Delivery Manager
Reports to: IT Director of Business Solutions
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: Supply Chain, Finance, Production Scheduling, Project Management, Quality, and IT.
Key External Partners: VIF (French ERP) & IT Hardware Suppliers
Project Management: Yes
Location: Nampa, ID
Reporting to the IT Director of Materne North America, this position is responsible for managing the plant ERP system (VIF) and supporting the key user community, leading the enhancement and implementation of information management systems at the plant, and collaborating with supply chain, finance, industrial engineering, QA, and global IT resources to manage IT projects related to plant operation.
- Support and enhance information management systems within the plant
- Provide strong support to plant user community
- Supports, maintains and enhances Materne North America(MNA) Business Applications, including VIF (French ERP) at the plants
- Delivers IS projects for MNA and ensures projects are on-time and within budget using local or matrix teams from France. Drives project and business objectives in partnership with project team members
- Ensures that the transition to any new business tools goes smoothly and the end result is optimized for business outcomes and meets business requirements
- Institutes local IS procedures for maintenance of information systems.
- Provides day-to-day operational support of the IS function, utilizing ticketing systems like BMC to provide clear visibility into problem areas. Being flexible to provide after hour technical support on as needed basis.
- Works hand-in-hand with the local infrastructure expert on IT related topics and projects
- Educate key business users on information systems
- Partners up with the key users in the plant to implement/optimize new and existing processes
- Challenges user requests to ensure that best practices are followed and implemented
- Performs needs assessment with users including describing current process, suggesting alternative and challenging the status quo, when appropriate
- Provide training and assistance to existing and new users to build up user experience and knowledge of the VIF system
- Act as key IT business partners
- Understands business goals and proposes technology solutions. Assesses the requirements of technology solutions, including estimates of time, staffing and costs to implement and support the solution
- Develops solid understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies
- Collaborates with plant operation team (supply chain, engineering, tech service, QA, finance) on IT related projects, and provide guidance & recommendation on technical solutions
- Being the resident expert on IT subjects at the plant and acts as single point of contact for plant IT projects
- Manage IT projects
- Manages the IT portfolio at either plant or corporate, fixes priority issues and arbitrates as appropriate
- Participate in global projects for the implementation phase
- Be the solution architect for smaller projects
- Build/prototype, test, train and develop documentation, keeping in mind that the solution may need to be deployed at other locations
- Manages scope, deliverables and completes projects on-time
- Quickly identifies risk, escalates it as appropriate and mitigates it with proper design and documentation
- Administrative daily IT operations
- Performs administrative tasks as required to manage the daily activities of the functional area
- Establishes regular reporting process to his/her manager
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Be the VIF subject matter expert on-site
- On-time project completion that meets the charter objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related business field
- 5+ years of progressive Information Systems experience
- Experience being the first level support for IT related issues. Be able to triage/debug issues quickly and provide appropriate solutions
- Experience with manufacturing systems, including MES/ ERP Systems and reporting tools
- Experience with Project Management is required
- Experience supporting daily operations of the I/S function within a facility including application support, plant automation systems; excellent I/S support to the site is required to minimize significant and time-sensitive business risk to the facility operations
- Experience working in a Global matrix environment is preferred
- Food Industry experience is preferred
- Ability to understand the business process very well and challenge the users when appropriate
- Ability to understand business needs and translate into technical requirements
- Ability to design and implement end-to-end solutions. This includes both technical and functional expertise to get the job done.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with plant cross functional team as well as global IT resource
- Understanding the architecture of ERP’s is required
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems and structures as it relates to supporting the ERP application is essential
- SQL Skills are preferred
- Understanding of how to configure printers and handhelds is essential
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is key for continued success in this role
- Understanding XML and other data types is preferred
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; communications are complete & understandable to target audience; demonstrates effective listening skills; regularly handles difficult customers or situations effectively requiring sensitivity and diplomacy
- Ability to define/model end-to-end process flow
- Ability to work independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues
- Ability to collaborate and be a strong team player
- Must be able to wear PPE.
- Must be able work in normal office conditions and in the manufacturing plant and warehouses.
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% via airplane within the U.S. and Internationally