Job Title: Quality Specialist (Data Analyst)
Reports to: QA Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: Hold Coordinator, Technical Services, Operations
Key External Partners: External Laboratories, Document Control Provider
Project Management: No
Location: Traverse City, MI
The Quality Specialist is responsible for data analysis using Excel and an ERP system. They must be advanced in Excel and provide critical support to the Quality Department in various capacities, including oversight of quality processes (specifically, but not limited to: Statistical Process Control and Weight Control program), managing key performance indicators, and assisting with audit preparation. In addition the Quality Specialist is responsible for maintaining inventory within the QA department and handling submission of external lab samples.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Data Analysis
- Assist with data entry and statistical trend analysis to drive continuous improvement
- Prepare and update KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports and KPP (Key Process Parameter) reports, and ensure that quality and production data is appropriately captured in the system
- Supports pouch weigh system and SPC process
- Oversee various quality processes to ensure Regulatory and 3rd party certification requirements are met.
- Manage traceability program
- Maintain Quality department procedures and forms, ensuring they are up to date and accurate
- Assist with customer and regulatory audits as needed.
- Assist Quality manager in investigating food safety/quality incidents as needed.
- Assist Quality manager in investigating consumer complaints and completing reports as needed.
- Participate in programs to support plant goals and continuous improvement.
- Assist the quality and production departments with quality, 5S, and process improvement projects
- Support facility in use of EasyShare and EDM
- Coordinate daily QA lab activities to promote a successful team.
- Coordinate lab sample processes with external laboratories
- Oversee document storage at off-site warehouse
- Manage the inventory consumable items for the quality department
- Coordinate meetings and follow up on open actions
- Back up the Hold/Release Specialist in performing ERP system (VIF) transactions
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
- Tracks and reports Quality KPIs, including but not limited to:
- Right First Time (RFT)
- Consumer Complaints
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Associate or Bachelor degree is preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in data analysis using ERP systems and Microsoft Excel (data manipulation)
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office Suite. Must possess advanced skills in Excel and Word
- Advanced organizational and problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- General math skills and basic statistics skills
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, and FDA regulations are strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
- Must be able to understand both written and verbal instructions in English.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety shoes and hearing protection.
- Must be able to work in normal office conditions
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time