Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Dotted Line to: No Yes:
Number of Direct Reports: 8
Key Internal Partners: Operations, Quality, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution
Key External Partners: 3PL Carriers
Project Management: Yes
Location: Nampa, ID
The Warehouse Supervisor for packaging/finished goods supervises a team in providing materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Leads the efforts of a team of material handlers across 3 shifts in meeting operational goals in the areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery, motivation and environmental.
- Coordinates employee scheduling and follows up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees to meet business needs and to contribute positively to the company culture
- Maintains warehouse staff job performance by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Collaborates with Human Resources to administer discipline when needed.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and shipping operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Specialist regarding all aspects of inventory management, including cycle counting and physical inventory processes.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse, including adherence to 6”S” principles and inspecting of equipment. Issues work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Consults and collaborates cross-functionally to resolve issues such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications
- Coordinates with the Shipping/Receiving Clerk to ensure effective scheduling of all inbound and outbound loads for th finished goods/packaging area.
- Assist and act as back-up to the Raw Material Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
Loads Received/Shippped; Safety Incident Rate; Property and Product Damage Incidents; Inventory Accuracy; On-Time Shipments
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Emphasis in Supply Chain Management or equivalent is highly preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Warehouse supervisor with direct reports
- Experience driving a forklift is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, inspire and ensure successful performance of team members.
- Ability to develop work standards and processes that ensure employee, product, and equipment safety.
- Demonstrated ability to implement best practices in inventory control, equipment maintenance and reporting.
- Strong ability to execute sound judgment in making decisions to meet business needs and meet customer requirements.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally in order to deliver exceptional results.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and inventory management systems.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to get on and off a forklift occasionally
- Able to wear PPE
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds