Job Title: Human Resource Generalist
Reports to: Sr. HR Business Partner
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Key Internal Partners: Production, Supervisors, Management (w/ direct reports), HR MNA
Key External Partners: Temp agencies, uniform company, non-profits, drug testing facility, DOL
Project Management: Yes
Location: Traverse City, MI
As the Human Resources Generalist you will apply HR knowledge to implement best practices that will ensure effective business operations, regulatory compliance, and strong employee relations within a strong, growing company.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage full cycle recruiting for hourly positions
- Incorporate best practices in developing, implementing and executing processes related to recruiting, onboarding, policy administration, employee relations, performance management, payroll and benefits administration, employee development, and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews
- Prepare and extend offer
- Lead all employee relations initiatives
- Consult with employees and plant leadership in raising and resolving workplace issues. Regularly assess the plant climate and employee engagement. Make recommendations to improve and ensure a vibrant culture and good work environment.
- Conduct investigations and assist in ensuring timely resolution of workplace issues.
- Training and professional development for leads, supervisors and managers
- Coordinate annual employee events and oversee employee activity committee
- Manage employee orientation and onboarding
- Develop and deliver training programs to employees and plant leadership.
- Provide support for administrative HR duties, including answering general employee questions, employee file maintenance, data entry, creating job descriptions, unemployment claims, employment verifications, and KPI dashboards/reports, etc.
- Responsible for employee payroll and policy processes
- Coordinate effective management of employee payroll processing, PTO and medical/disability leave.
- Assist in the effective management of worker’s compensation and unemployment claims.
- Benefits administration and coordination of Open Enrollment
- Administer all leaves of absence including FMLA and disability programs
- All other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
Turnover, time to fill, open enrollment/benefits, orientation, employee relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or Business Administration
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred
- 3-5 years of HR Experience
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have high integrity and maintain trust across the organization at all levels.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to and familiarity with HR best practices and demonstrate the ability to apply that knowledge in the workplace.
- Ability to be resourceful and identify creative solutions to complex challenges. High expectations for personal performance.
- Ability to work independently and execute sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead through influence.
- Able to see the big picture and think conceptually, while also demonstrating great attention to detail and defining tactical steps to meet objectives.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in normal office conditions
- Must be able to work 8 hours per day and be on his/her feet for extended periods of time